question about nod32 v3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mantra, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    i'm a nod32 2.7 user
    i'm going to update to nod32 v3 , maybe
    i will not install nod4 , i prefer the version 3 , because the version 3 is more stable

well i have 1 question
    can i disable email protection and web protection , in short use only the Imon module , without nod 3 become orange and annoy me to re-enable all the module?

this because i pay for an email account and it has an antivirus and anti spam
    i browse almost newpaper links

in short i want only the imon module , in nod32 2.7 i can do it , and not don't annoy to re-enable the other modules ,for example i don't use office or word so i don't need the dmon module

can i do it?
    because the first time i installed nod 3 , it had this behavior, it made me angry , and i uninstalled immediately

i would like to use only imon , and when reboot my pc i want only 1 component running , no pop up , not annoying messages

thanks
    have a nice day

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, is it that any email attachment is stripped out so that absolutely no malware could pass through? In such case, it might make sense to disable email protection permanently, but this wouldn't make any difference in resource consumption at all.

2, even if you visisted just one trusted site, it makes sense to keep the HTTP scanner enabled. Even legit sites can contain malicious code.

Anyways, it's possible to disable notifications about modules being disabled by unticking the appropriate check boxes in the main setup tree. However, by disabling certain modules you weaken protection and expose the computer at risk.

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks

but the system tray icon of nod without these module is orange or is normal?
    i mean i disabled and after a reboot ,is still normal the system tray icon?

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I can understand why you might be a little leary of trying a new version, but I've been running V4 almost since day one of it's release and it has been fine so far. Fingers crossed!;) :D

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

marcos
    please 2 question

i update to the v3 last built

i have only 2 question

1)
    in the setup->update->update servers i have only choose automactly
    in the 2.7 i have lots of servers to setup manually
    here there is not list , i mean the only option is choose automacyly
    it's weird , did i make a mistake during the install

2)
    sometime time nod32 for example the tray icon become orange and tell me attention some protection are disabled

can i avoid this boring warning?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's fine. The update server shouldn't be changed unless you update from a local mirror.

Follow the advice. By clicking the appropriate link you should be able to enable the protection modules and the icon will turn green.

7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

marcos thank you so much
    i want only the imon module on
    i want the other module off
    is there a way to avoid nod32 v3 warnings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.