Question about NOD32 scan.....

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by CJsDad, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

I use NOD32 on another PC and when I run a full scan it seems to hang or get stuck or whatever you want to call it at this point....

C:\System Volume Information\_restore, followed by a bunch of numbers and letters in parenthesis.

It eventually completes the scan but it just seems to take forever.

Can someone help me with this?

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

That is a restore-point made by XP's System Restore. You could remove all restore points by disabeling System Restore, rebooting, enabeling System Restore.

Keep in mind that this will remove ALL restore points, so no change of restoring to an earlier state.

3. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

SSK
    Thanks.
    You know I had thought about turning off system restore but wasn't sure about that.

I understand that all restore points will be lost but there is nothing that I am too concerned about being restored at this point.
    It was just very annoying to have NOD hang at this point of the scan.

I'll give that a try and see how it goes but I wont run another full scan for about a week, I usually dont run full scans very often unless I feel as though something is wrong with the PC.

Its an old computer and I think a system restore was done a couple of months ago but that was the first and only time it has ever been done.
    I keep that computer for when freinds and relatives come over, no one touches my own PC.

Thanks for the help.

4. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

I was curious so instead of waiting until next week I turned off system restore, rebooted, turned system restor back on, did a full scan and it worked :D
    It also took a few minutes off of the scanning time.

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Good to hear. If you have other means of restoring your pc from problems (backups of critical data and/or images) you could save some resources by switching system restore off forever (make sure your backups / images are and stay current!) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.