Question About Nexstar External HDD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DocWatsonExe, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocWatsonExe

DocWatsonExe Registered Member

Hi,

I recently purchased a Nexstar External HDD for my Laptop and Desktop.

I have never really utilized my USB 2.0 ports, but now I have this HDD attached to it, I need to figure out how to power it down correctly...other than the XP Remove Safe Hardware.

I do not wish to leave this device on all the time, but do I turn it off after system shutdown, and power it up before system startupo_O?

I did power it up while the system was on, and it tries to AutoPlay like a DVD or CD, and that was rather strange. :blink:

I would like to keep it turned off most of the time unless I need it, but am unsure of the correct procedures and/or how to stop it autoplaying. Going into the "My Computer" and telling it not to does not work. I am wondering if there is a registry hack that would stop it trying to load all it's data.

It is 200GB with two partitions.

Any Advice is most appreciated.:)
    ~Ana

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

thats what i do.
    happens here too.

check here for turning off autoplay (windows xp - solution 2 is likely what u want)

3. DocWatsonExe

DocWatsonExe Registered Member

Thanks WSF, that worked and solved the problem! :)
    ~Ana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.