Question about MRUBlaster and Vista

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by noonehere, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noonehere

noonehere Registered Member

I see that you are working on an MRUBlaster release that is more compatible with Vista, though the current release seems to function. I've come across an anomaly and I'm not sure it is something that MRUBlaster would handle.

It is with the program ImgBurn. If I do a File/Browse for File (in Write mode) and get the "Open file" dialog box, even if the directory is empty, if I go down to the file box and hit the arrow button, I get a drop down listing every ISO I ever burned, even though they have been deleted. This is with the file type of "All Supported Files".

If I change the file type to "All Files *.*", then I get a totally different random set of files that have NOTHING to do with ImgBurn and are in different directories. Some were deleted but some still exist.

ImgBurn people say it's a Vista problem, MS says it's an application problem.
    And no one seems to know where this info is stored. I searched the registry and I can't find the filenames there, nor can I find them in any application directory. Is this something you think your new version would fix?

And any idea where Vista or ImgBurn stores it now?

Vista does some really weird things and it's security scheme seems to cause lots of problems with apps I've used for years. Good luck with the Vista release

2. noonehere

noonehere Registered Member

Problem Solved!

I stumbled across a solution. It appeared that this was more than just ImgBurn - other applications did the same thing, displaying deleted files in the drop down (as well as files not within the directory).

It was just the list of Recently Used Files, even though I "disabled" the "Store and Display" recently used programs and files when I set up my new machine.

To solve, I enabled "Store and Display" and then disabled "Store and Display", and this problem disappeared.

I wonder if this is a "bug" or a "feature"? I figure, if I say don't store and display, it shouldn't store and display.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.