Question About McAfee's Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mannaggia, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

After my problem with Panda IS 2005, I'm searching for something new. I'm thinking about McAfee Security Suite instead of a seperate AV and firewall. Of course that might change if I can't figure this out. [​IMG] I've used the trial version of VS 9 and liked it. Now I'm using the trial version of McAfee Personal Firewall Pro.

It seems to be OK except for one thing that bothers me a little. In Internet Applications, I set all the applications to Outbound Access Only. If I close the firewall GUI or reboot my machine, all the listed McAfee stuff is back to Allow Full Access. I still pass the port scan tests, it shows Stealth, but I worry that to allow an application to have Allow Full Access privilages, is giving them server rights. I don't want that.

I can't seem to get an answer about server rights at the McAfee forum or from McAfee tech support. Anyone here familiar with McAfee's firewall? Am I being too paranoid about server rights?

Thank you.

Edit.....No need for any replies. After running McAfee PFP for several hours, all of a sudden I couldn't connect to any web sites. I removed McAfee and did a complete registry cleanup and I'm able to connect again. I'm going back to Outpost Pro.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.