Question About McAfee's Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mannaggia, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

After my problem with Panda IS 2005, I'm searching for something new. I'm thinking about McAfee Security Suite instead of a seperate AV and firewall. Of course that might change if I can't figure this out. [​IMG] I've used the trial version of VS 9 and liked it. Now I'm using the trial version of McAfee Personal Firewall Pro.

It seems to be OK except for one thing that bothers me a little. In Internet Applications, I set all the applications to Outbound Access Only. If I close the firewall GUI or reboot my machine, all the listed McAfee stuff is back to Allow Full Access. I still pass the port scan tests, it shows Stealth, but I worry that to allow an application to have Allow Full Access privilages, is giving them server rights. I don't want that.

I can't seem to get an answer about server rights at the McAfee forum or from McAfee tech support. Anyone here familiar with McAfee's firewall? Am I being too paranoid about server rights?

Thank you.

Edit.....No need for any replies. After running McAfee PFP for several hours, all of a sudden I couldn't connect to any web sites. I removed McAfee and did a complete registry cleanup and I'm able to connect again. I'm going back to Outpost Pro.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.