Question about installing Adaware being worthwile

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Schadenfroh, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schadenfroh

Schadenfroh Registered Member

hey guys, i use firefox/thunderbird, i also have spywareblaster and spybot search and destroy 1.3B, the 1.3 scans cookies in firefox, but adaware does not, any point in installing adaware if i dont use internet explorer and im running Spybot Search and Destroy?

thanks

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

G'mornin', Schadenfroh.

I don't know of any reason why you wouldn't want both Spybot and AdAware. As long as there's a chance, no matter how slight, that one might catch something the other misses, I'd have 'em both (I do, in fact!). Neither are resident/running programs, so it's not like you'd be unnecessarily expending system resources.

Another non-resident freebie 'cleaner' you might want to check out is the Bazooka Scanner from Kephyr (http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html). It's a scanner only, but the manual repair/removal information for the things it finds is among the best I've seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.