Question about incremental...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by clam729, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clam729

clam729 Guest

All,
    I recently setup a nightly schedule for incremental backups on our server. The first night, a 5GB image, named Backup_C_Incremental.tib, every night since I have an approx. 100MB file named Backup_C_Incremental1.tib, Backup_C_Incremental2.tib, etc.

I originally thought that the full 5GB would be "updated" with the daily changes instead of the daily changes being created separately, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Question, if a restore is needed, do you pick the large 5GB original and TI will "append" all the changes automatically ? How do you have to reapply each smaller piece ?

Is easier to create a nightly full backup, overwriting the last full ?

Thanks.

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

When you go to restore an image, just select any of the backups. From the TrueImage software, you can select the date from which you would like to restore. It works quite well.

3. clam729

clam729 Guest

ok - so if the first backup that was made has a date of 19 Jul (5GB image), and there are a weeks worth of 100MB incrementals, dated 20 Jul, 21 Jul, etc. and i want to restore the PC to the 23rd, i select the 23 Jul image from the Restore and TI is smart enough to go back to the 19 Jul and then append/update all the needed incrementals to get it back to the state is was on the 23rd ? Otherwise, I cannot see how selecting the 100MB incremental will restore the correct 5GB of data.

whew, now that's a long sentence ;)

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Yes. TI is smart software! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.