question about IE and quick edit

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by WSFuser, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

why doesnt quick edit work in IE? i have IE's internet zone set to medium if it matters.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

It works fine here using IE. The quick edit function is written in javascript and runs locally in the context of your browser. If javascript is being blocked, or if there is any corruption of the specific javascript involved here (clear cache and restart browser to ensure a fresh copy gets loaded), or any filtering that might remove or alter such scripts from your browsers datastream (tools such as proxies, privacy filters, software firewalls, AVs with browser filtering, etc.), then these types of functions may not work right.

Jelsoft develops vBulletin to be fully functional in IE since that is still the dominant browser, and not working properly in that browser would dramatically effect their products marketability. The inline editing and posting functions all work in IE unless something else is blocking it.

3. WSFuser

i tried disabling nod32 IMON, my HOSTS file, and i even put wilderssecurity.com to the trusted zone. still quick edit wont work. it just reverts to regular editing.

edit: i tried running iefix to no avail

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Works fine here.

Try to see if you some web content filter that could block that for some reason...

5. WSFuser

i have no content filtering. all thats in the systray is looknstop, nod32, hostsman, and hp digital imaging monitor.

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

WSFuser, you mentioned a li'l while back that you had a problem with the Quick Reply using FF, but it worked fine in IE then. a Quick Reply and Edit issue

Has there been anything you might have changed, re-enabled, updated, etc., since that post?

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I'm using the NOD32 (with IMON), HostsMan (MVPS Hosts) and Ad Muncher...
    All the possible updates, and don't have any problem...

Do you have the last Windows Script Engine (5.6.0.8825)?

Sometimes IE have this strange things...

8. WSFuser

well since then i think i reformatted once or twice but now my problem is with IE and not firefox and quick reply works but not quick edit.

9. WSFuser

i have the same problem on my other computer. my only guess is nlite perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.