Question about Icons........

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sweets, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweets

sweets Registered Member

Hopefully this doesn't sound really dumb, but computer savvy I am not. I just downloaded Spyblaster as suggested by Geeks, as I had a couple of Trojans they helped me with. Also downloaded Spybot. My question is, I now have 2 Spyblaster icons on my desktop, one is the original from the installing and the other is the one U click on to get updates etc.

After I installed Spybot, I deleted the original one from the install and just left the one I need to run it, yet when I deleted the Spyblaster installer, I couldn't access my Norton's Recycle bin, as it went in there, so I did a recovery and now all is fine. Do I need to have both icons on my desktop, and if not, where do I send the installer one? When I click on the installer one, all it asks me is if I want to run it, so I am really confused, and a bit embarrassed, as I haven't a clue. Thanx in advance for any help...:oops:

BTW...When I run Spybot I always get at least 4 or 5 cookie problems, but after installing Spywareblaster, I ran Spybot and came back clean....:)

2. sweets

sweets Registered Member

Seeing noone has answerd my post, maybe this info. will help clarify what I am asking. On the desktop I have the orignal Icon when I installed it and also the shortcut one, with the shield on it so I can get updates etc.

If I right click on the desktop one it says under General:

Spywareblaster setup 351.exe Type:Application Description Spyblaster setup. Location: C:\Docs Settings\owner\desktop

If I right click the one in Program files that looks identical it says:

Uninstall000.exe Type: Application Description:setup\spywareblaster Location: C:\program file\spywareblaster

If I need the setup one on my desktop as well as the one I use to run it, fine, just want to know. I do not see a setup one in the Program list.

Thanx for your time.

3. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Personally I keep installation programs just in case I have to reinstall the program (but I do not download them to nor install them from my desktop). The installation program, spywareblastersetup351.exe, is not needed once you have installed SpywareBlaster

4. sweets

sweets Registered Member

Well that is where I am confused. When it downloaded, it went to my desktop, then after the installation I got the shortcut icon and figured I could delete the installation one as I do with anything I download. After I did a delete of it, it went into the Norton's recycle protected bin, and when I tried to access that, it gave me a warning...Invalid, can't access. I had to go to the recycling bin thru windows and recover the icon to stop getting that Invalid message. Never had that happen before.

I've thought of right clicking the installation thing and sending it to Docs and Settings, but not sure if that is the way to go. For now, I am just leaving it on the desktop as I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanx for your reply, and I will have to see if somehow I did something wrong installing it, but I followed all the instructions.

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Just drag and drop the install exe files from your desktop into a seperate folder.

snowbound

6. sweets

sweets Registered Member

Thank U snowbound!!! I right clicked on it and sent it to my Docs. then dragged it to the Spyblaster folder in Programs. I then deleted it from my desktop and all seems fine.........:thumb:

At least I know now, if I install anything else, NOT to do it to desktop, although I did Spybot that way, and it went fine. Oh well, like they say, live and learn. Again, my thanx, much appreciated....:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.