Question about GUARDIAN Worm Killer & Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SonyaM32, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Ok, I was out shopping and found the Guardian Worm Killer & Anti-Virus at a discount store for $ 1.00
    It was never opened, had the security seal n all. It says it has free updates for one full year. But as I look down at the copyright, it says 2003.
    Does that mean it will only update from 2003 for one year ? Or one year AFTER I install it?
    I already am using e-trust antivirus, and firewall, I have until Oct. on that free trial. So I will not even bother with the Guardian until then. I just wonder at that time will I still be able to get free updates for a year? Thanks

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I believe Guardian Anti-Virus and Worm Killer was Boomerang Software's product line till eXtendia AVK came. It is related to AVK in a way, maybe it uses the AVK 10 kernel and engine....

3. SonyaM32

Do you think I will be able to still use the free updates in Oct. when I may do my switch ?

4. Firecat

I'm not sure...you might consider dropping Boomerang an email...

EDIT:- Its very much possible you WILL get the updates, because if its a 2003 AV...well yes, most of the time you still get the updates for one year...

5. SonyaM32

Thank you very much Firecat.
    I just hope I can still update in Oct. LOL Thanx :D

6. Firecat

$1...Wow...one has to question how good an AV it will be if it costs only that much...

7. SonyaM32

Well, I got it from a discount grocery store, on an isle where everything is $1.00
    Books, movies, CD's.etc: etc: Some looked like name brand stuff. And some looked like just cheap stuff. I guess they give that kinda stuff to stores for quick sale. Who knows o_O? I wonder how many people actually use Guardian, and are satisfied with it. :D

8. Firecat

There are a FEW, but they are just feeling like its 'OK' you know..How do they make profit if they sell for $1?

9. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

It's called a "clearance" sale Firecat... they throe out old stock which didn't sell to minimize losses... not for profits.. thereby recovering valuable rack-space for new inventory.

People always want to look at new inventory and buy the old one cheap. ;)

anyone remember them adidas and reebok factory outlet sales they used to have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.