Question about GUARDIAN Worm Killer & Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SonyaM32, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Ok, I was out shopping and found the Guardian Worm Killer & Anti-Virus at a discount store for $ 1.00
    It was never opened, had the security seal n all. It says it has free updates for one full year. But as I look down at the copyright, it says 2003.
    Does that mean it will only update from 2003 for one year ? Or one year AFTER I install it?
    I already am using e-trust antivirus, and firewall, I have until Oct. on that free trial. So I will not even bother with the Guardian until then. I just wonder at that time will I still be able to get free updates for a year? Thanks

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I believe Guardian Anti-Virus and Worm Killer was Boomerang Software's product line till eXtendia AVK came. It is related to AVK in a way, maybe it uses the AVK 10 kernel and engine....

3. SonyaM32

Do you think I will be able to still use the free updates in Oct. when I may do my switch ?

4. Firecat

I'm not sure...you might consider dropping Boomerang an email...

EDIT:- Its very much possible you WILL get the updates, because if its a 2003 AV...well yes, most of the time you still get the updates for one year...

5. SonyaM32

Thank you very much Firecat.
    I just hope I can still update in Oct. LOL Thanx :D

6. Firecat

$1...Wow...one has to question how good an AV it will be if it costs only that much...

7. SonyaM32

Well, I got it from a discount grocery store, on an isle where everything is $1.00
    Books, movies, CD's.etc: etc: Some looked like name brand stuff. And some looked like just cheap stuff. I guess they give that kinda stuff to stores for quick sale. Who knows o_O? I wonder how many people actually use Guardian, and are satisfied with it. :D

8. Firecat

There are a FEW, but they are just feeling like its 'OK' you know..How do they make profit if they sell for $1?

9. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

It's called a "clearance" sale Firecat... they throe out old stock which didn't sell to minimize losses... not for profits.. thereby recovering valuable rack-space for new inventory.

People always want to look at new inventory and buy the old one cheap. ;)

anyone remember them adidas and reebok factory outlet sales they used to have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.