Question about free eScan antivirus toolkit utility?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by OnTarget, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnTarget

OnTarget Guest

Hello

Can someone tell me how i can set the free eScan antivirus toolkit utility to just

scan for viruses, then notify me of what it finds, and not just automatically

delete everything it finds. Many thanks for any help.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

3. OnTarget

OnTarget Guest

What my situtation is, is that i have a keylogger on my computer that i want to keep, but eScan toolkit just deletes it everytime i run it. Could there be a way to ignore certain products? Thanks for the help Blackcat.

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Any reason for this? Testing purposes?
    As far as I know there is no exclude in the free Escan so one possibility may be that if you have partioned your drive, maybe you can just scan the drive that does not have the keylogger on or just save the keylogger to floppy/CD!

Alternatively, try another free KAV-engined scanner but this time one which is READ-ONLY. Ronjor suggests such an AV in the thread I posted above, post 9. I have never used this AntiDote scanner but it may be worth a try.

5. ???

??? Guest

Make the keylogger read only? =p

6. OnTarget

OnTarget Guest

Yes I am doing testing of different programs like Spysweeper, Pest Patrol, Spybot, Antivir, A2, Spycop, ect... and how well they detect keyloggers. So far very surprising results.

It's just a very small test mainly for myself to prove how effective these apps really are. But i would post the results if i could find a few more keyloggers. Otherwise it's probably not really worth it to post them.

I am storing the keyloggers on a cd as well.

I'll look into the other free scanner you and Ronjor mentioned.

Thanks again Blackcat, your one cool cat. Nice avatar.

Thanks ?-?-? i'll try that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.