Question about DrWeb update

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

On 9/5/04 at 0520 hours Zulu Time I tried to update using DRW's automatic update from the usual site at...
    http://www.antivir.ru/drweb/update/

I got an "Internal Server Error." :(

I then tried to visit the above named site. To do that requires user name & paswword -- the same as updating via DRW's automatic update requires. The site accepted my user name & PW but then returned a *500 error* as follows...
    Since I just installed RoadRunner today, I want to make sure that the problem is at DrWeb's end, & not mine.

I would appreciate your testing the update, & letting me know.

aloha..... bellgamin

2. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

Hello bellgamin

I just did an auto update with no problems with dr web.Don't know if that helps at all

3. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

I believe it is on DrWeb's end. I too receive a internal server error, saying that it is not able to download the version file. I received this error last night around this time as well. But this morning i was able to download the update for 9/3/04 without any problems. I think i am still behind though, as hayc59's last posting in the update section says 565 were added on. In my scanner it shows 560. Total for me is 53858.

4. bellgamin

I got an update this morning. 565+ >> 53863 signatures 9/4/04

I'm still getting a "Cannot download version file." :doubt:

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Seems okay at this time; just updated after a clean install of SP2. Total Virus Records are now 53,863.

But Dr Web is one of the AV's not recognised in the Security Centre of SP2.

6. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

What happens when a program isn't recognized? Does it function?
    Tim

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  8. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

I turned the security center off in services--there is no need to have it run.Or you can d/l xpantispy and turn other services off too that are not needed like the xp firewall.

Ive been playing around with turning certain un needed services off lately with good results--why have something run all the time if you don't need it -right.

I have xp pro with service pack 2 installed--ive been playing around with service pack 2 sense the first beta came out.

In Dr.Web im showing 53872 virus records now

But there is something i consider very stupid on microsofts part---i use to never keep auto updates running [ it uses around 5-8 mg of memory to keep running]--now for some reason you have to have auto updates running just to go on the net and check manually to see if there are any more updates availible.So i keep auto off in services and only enable it now to check for updates

9. bellgamin

DRW updated sweet & fast just now. I guess it was just a bit of cyber-flatulence that momentarily afflicted their update website.

DRW is unrecognized by XP+SP2? That's grrreat! Not being recognized by M$ is almost as good as not having your record on file with the CIA. :D

10. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

AMEN to that....

11. bellgamin

As of 0630 zulu time (Greenwich mean time) on Sunday, 9/5/05, DRW's update site at...
    http://www.antivir.ru/drweb/update/

...is again returning "Internal Server Error" & "Cannot download version file" messages.

For the past few days, this situation seems to occur for approximately 5 or 6 hours daily, starting at around 8:00 AM Moscow time {which is 5:00 AM zulu time}.

Afterward, the situation clears up, & updates are processed just fine.

If my observations are correct, I leave you to draw your own conclusions as to the possible causes/reasons. In any event, I believe the situation is temporary. Further, I am mellow about the whole thing because I CAN do smooth updates in the morning here in Hawaii. {Morning in Hawaii is evening in Moscow, & vice versa.}

12. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You simply select the box stating that you will monitor Dr Web. The program still functions

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.