Question about differential Backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zett, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zett

zett Registered Member

Hello Forum,
    I use Acronis True image 9.1 for windows servers (Build 3.832). I produced an fullbackup. Then I produced 3 differntial backups. Basis for that was the fullbackup. If I data restore require would like I all differential backups. Why?
    Ronald Zestermann

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Zett

You need the 1st Full backup and all the differentials to validate the archive. This is a bug in ATI 9.

You ONLY need the 1st Full backup and one differential to restore the archive.

If you want to test this backup a few document folders, add a few files and do a differential. Repeat a few times. Delete one of the differentials. The archive won't validate but it will restore.

3. zett

zett Registered Member

Hello Tabvla,

thx for your Posting. I tested it. If I delete a differential backup, it does not offer the possibility to restor single files and folders to me. Acronis asks always about the deleted differential Backup. Is there another trick?

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I think that doing incrementals instead of differentials would be a cleaner option - also in view of image files management.

If I were doing differentials I would limit them to just one differential per full and then new full again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.