Question about Comodo firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by c0ltran3, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c0ltran3

c0ltran3 Registered Member

I've been using Outpost firewall and KIS in the latest years and I'm a now new user of Comodo firewall.

I'm looking for a set of prebuild or general rules for software. In fact I see that it's possible to configure this frewall with a set of per-application rules anf I was wondering if there are also system global system rules for all application.

Coluld anyone give me some hint, links. eccetera?

Thanks in advance.

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

If you go to Predefined Firewall Policies, you can setup any set of rules for any application you like. For example, I made a set rule for UTorrent. When i first launched UTorrent i then simply selected in the pop up window "Treat Application as UTorrent".

You can also make global rules based on port and protocol (not application specific). These have higher priority than application rules. For example, i went to global rules and added rules to block NetBios ports, just in case. You will find the Global Rules tab under Network Security policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.