Question about Avira webguard

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cherub, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherub

Cherub Registered Member

I know this is a stupid question (I know, no stupid questions, only stupid people. lol) but I was surfing the other day and when I opened a link to a website, I got the Avira webguard pop up saying that the site had malware/virus on it. It gave me three choices and I chose "deny". My question is, does this mean my machine wasn't infected and the threat was stopped?

I ran an AV check, with Avira. Prevx,malwarebytes,hitman pro and even the online scanner of Micro Trend. Nothing showed but I have been worried that I didn't do the right thing when the Avira alert showed up.

Do you think I'm OK or is there something else I should do?

2. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Avira probably stopped the malware, it may even have been a false positive.

I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

If you get a warring that means it blocked it, but as fly stated it could of also been a FP.

4. Cherub

Cherub Registered Member

Thanks guys. It wasn't a site I go to a lot so doesn't matter if it's a FP to me. I just wanted to make sure I was interpretating the alert correctly. I haven't had many times when I have gotten an alert and it scares me every time. lol

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

My wife goes to one that has something do with the Sim's 2, It gets flagged everytime she goes anywhere on that site. It makes me laugh when she has her sound on and about falls over in her chair when the alert goes off. :D

6. nameless

nameless Registered Member

If it's a FP you may want to think about adding an exception for it under WebGuard > Scan > Exceptions.

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I would do that but, It makes me about fall out of my chair laughing every time she does it and don't expect it.

8. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Deny = intercepted the malware in the http stream = blocked

You did good. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.