Quark Xpress, Adobe Acrobat, PRINTING FAILURE?!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BlackScarletLove, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackScarletLove

BlackScarletLove Registered Member

I am using Quark Express with Adobe PDF addon, and I have a document that is deadlined in two days. I printed a draft to pdf, and there were no problems as usual, but when I tried to print the final copy, I continue to get a popup saying 'This document failed to print.'

There is no difference in settings, and I am becoming very stressed trying to determine why the ~snip~ it is not printing.

See attatched screenshot.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  2. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I have never used Quark Express. BUt why is the printer name "adobe PDF"? I have never seen that before. Check your printer status. Does any other document or other program print OK? If so, then it might be a problem with the document print information for the report file.

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello BlackScarletLove.

I am not quite sure what Adobe PDF addon are you referring to, but I suppose it's the default Acrobat Distiller PDF printer. One thing U should check is to see if 'all fonts' are embedded in your Distiller job options. Another one is PDF version you are printing to, it should be the lowest possible, PDF v1.3, to minimize all possible incompatibilities. Also look in Distiller logs to see any possible errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.