Quality Security Software - Which one?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by AaLF, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I need a program that can secure files / drives by making them invisible & protected. A bad experience has made me wary of freebies.

Who are the front runners here?

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I've noticed some people using a program called PC Security from www.tropsoft.com which allows you to protect data.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I also use PC Security, mainly because it was so practical. There are alot of similar softwares like PC Security, but they weren't convenient enough.
    I lock my data partition[D:] via the PS-icon (right and left mouse-click) and then a password and that's it. I use the same procedure to unlock my data partition.

Locking means : no reading, no writing, no stealing, no access at all to the locked partition. The locking is immediately and doesn't require a reboot or waiting time, like other similar software did.
    I also asked the developer to "hide" the partition and he will consider it.
    At this moment, the "hide" feature is only possible for folders, not the complete partition.

I lock my data partition, when I do "dangerous" stuff, that might hurt my data partition, like surfing on the internet or trying softwares from an unknown source.
    I'm not really afraid of destroying my data, because I have a backup of my data.
    I'm afraid of infected data and if I don't see it in time and backup the infected data, everything is infected.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.