QtF prot antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bamaman66, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

Has anyone used this software? I downloaded freespire and downloaded this from CNR. I cannot get it to work. It goes through the files like it is scanning but all the files say "error in scanning before the file name.

2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Linux?

3. bamaman66

Yes, it is linux. I am not familiar with linux. I am just trying it.

4. dog

dog Guest

Qt provides the frontend - try running F-Prot from console.

f-prot [options] [file / directory] example : f-prot -dumb -list /home

Type f-prot -help for the list of options

5. bamaman66

I am new to linux. Please simplify the command that I am to use and where do I use it.

6. dog

dog Guest

Ok; K Menu (Just like windows "start" - same place) find "run command" in the menu --- type konsole hit enter ... copy this bolded text first -- f-prot -dumb -list /home and paste the highlighted text (Shift + Insert [the button below Page Up / Page Down on your keyboard]) and hit enter. F-prot should scan all the files in your home dir - and you should see the realtime output of the scan in konsole. If you don't see any errors report back and we look into what might be happen with your scan using the Qt frontend.

7. bamaman66

Ok; K Menu (Just like windows "start" - same place) find "run command" in the menu --- type konsole hit enter ... copy this bolded text first -- f-prot -dumb -list /home and paste the highlighted text (Shift + Insert [the button below Page Up / Page Down on your keyboard]) and hit enter. F-prot should scan all the files in your home dir - and you should see the realtime output of the scan in konsole. If you don't see any errors report back and we look into what might be happen with your scan using the Qt frontend.

It worked as you said. Now what are you referring to in scanning using qt frontend?

8. dog [away]

dog [away] Guest

The error is likely because of the user permissions of the files you're scanning - Open QtFprot and set the scan path as your home dir [/home] it's set by default as / [Top left of screenshot]. If you don't see any errors scanning your home dir -- QtF-prot is reporting errors on root own files it doesn't have the privilege to access. You can start QtFprot with root privileges when you want to scan root dir(s) ... you can either edit the kde menu entry for QtFprot [right-click on the entry to edit] to run as a different user [root] or run it with sudo or kdesu if you have those setup.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.