QT web browser.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Red Moon, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Okay just been having a look at the QT web browser and i like the interface very much.
    Unfortunately due to persistent crashing i have sadly removed it from my computer.
    Is this browser still being supported.?
    If so is there any way of using some of the well known browser extensions with this.
    Im asking because i may give it another try at some point.
    Thank You.

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

From the looks of things at the website it hasn't been updated in a while. As far as extensions, I don't know, but I doubt it.

3. The Red Moon

ok thank you Mman79.
    That is a pity as it looks a really nice browser.
    More extensions and support and it would have been nearly perfect for me.
    Thanks again.

4. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

You can get Ad Muncher to filter it by adding the process name to the Filter Targets tab.

;p

5. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Yeah it does look kind of nice, it has that "early" look to it which I've always liked. I only went by what I saw at the website, some guys here may still be using it and could tell you more about how recent it is and all that better than I can.

6. The Red Moon

Well ive just looked on softpedia and it was last updated on 24th dec.2012.:D
    Its a really nice looking browser but the lack of extensions has put me off.
    Im used to having extensions i can use like in firefox and chrome.
    Nevermind.:rolleyes:

7. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

You know that is actually pretty cool about your program, lol. Browser not on the "official" list? Not a prob, just type it in to the filter target tab and bingo, supported. None of this "poor API" stuff that you see with browser extensions.

8. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Well, as Jeff said, if you're using AM, ad-blocking is settled, lol. I had no idea it was updated that recently...I'm either blind or the website itself hasn't been updated. I tried to go to their forums but at least the general section was dead.

9. The Red Moon

I like the free stuff lol.
    If admuncher was free it would be installed in a second.
    Sorry jeffrey its an excellent program you have but i dont like parting with cash lol.:D :D

10. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I completely understand. I said it in another thread but I only paid during the holiday sale they recently had. I'm not hurting for cash, but I generally don't buy software though I'll donate to good vendors.

11. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I generally don't use browser extensions, so I will check it out. Admuncher pretty much handles everything for me these days. Downloading it for investigation later on a snapshot. I generally dislike free stuff, when it comes to security, privacy, and safety, paid is the way to go. People intent on free usually get the short end of the stick, with everything, but that's the downside to free.

12. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

There are perfectly capable free AVs out there, not to mention excellent security freeware versions of SAS, MBAM, SpywareBlaster etc.

Mind you, lack of extensions would put me off downloading this browser. I think that certain security extensions on a browser are your first defence against malware. NoScript &/or RequestPolicy, WOT or others are the first line IMO.

13. The Red Moon

Ive had to uninstall opera as the browsing was becoming very sluggish for some reason.
    At the moment im taking cyberfox for a spin and so far im very impressed with this firefox variant.
    Has all the main firefox extensions including the great noscript which is one of the best extensions in my opinion.
    As for QT web well if it had a more extensive extension list i would have run it but as it is i cant see me using it which is a pity as i really like the icon layout etc.

14. Daveski17

I've known that happen on Opera myself. I think that it is more likely my broadband connection though. If it ever happens, I close then open Opera & it is usually back to normal.

15. The Red Moon

Im only on mobile broadband at the minute so that may contribute to some of the sluggishness although it was working fine a few days ago.

16. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Also turn off history with Opera, it seems to help.

I notice if I clear cache, and restore the profile Opera gets decent again, then later slows down.. Almost like a memory leak, but I suspect related to the storage of history/cache.

17. Daveski17

I think that could be one of the contributing factors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.