PXE Boot for Snap Deploy

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by mctech, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mctech

mctech Registered Member

I have read the numerous threads about the same thing and no one seems to have a solution. Today in an attempt to push an image to 30 computers, I found thesame situation. PC gets a leg IP from DHCP only to have Acronis SW not use it and can not find the server. I have strong feeling the cause of this is because the correct NIC drivers are not build into the Acronis SW. I was able to disable the RealTEK nic and install a old PCI Intel and the whole process went fine.
    I have a call into Acronis support and am waiting for a responce. I will keep the tread up todate.

2. mctech

mctech Registered Member

Here is the update:
    I received this from their support:

Please download and decompress kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat files from the following archives to update your Acronis Bootable Rescue media and PXE Server.

http://download.acronis.com/sl/ufpd...Deploy3235osd_multiparam_Standard_english.zip - please replace kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat files from the following directory with the downloaded files:

\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\OSDDemon

http://download.acronis.com/sl/qzdi...Deploy3235mic_multiparam_Standard_english.zip - please replace kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat files from the following directory with the downloaded files:

\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\ImageCreator

http://download.acronis.com/sl/skvk...Deploy3235sdl_multiparam_Standard_english.zip - please replace kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat files from the following directory with the downloaded files:

\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\OSDStandAlone

This worked for the connection issue. However I was still unable to use multicast mode and the process of pushing to 10 pcs took over 2hrs.

3. yamamoto_r1

yamamoto_r1 Registered Member

I have the similar issue but was able to deploy fine with the OSDemon and ImageCreator updates (kernel and ramdisk).

I use a private lan for my deployment (which doesn't touch my production network) with a Linksys Router (DCHP servers enabled) + 8 port Netgear dumb switch + HP DX2400 Micro Tower Desktop PC (where I install Snap Deploy, Licence server, PXE servers, Management Console, etc.)

However, when i use the 24port Cisco Catalyst 500 Switch, i'm getting the 169.XXX.XXX.X IP address again.

Is there anymore updates regarding this issue? I'm about to deploy more than 100 PC and very much in a time crunch. If anybody has a solutions for this issue, it will be much appreciated.

Thank you.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.