PW Reveal ? Parental Control Programm ?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ~*Nat*~, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

:) Hello everyone, I'm new here and wanted to say how much I appreciate
    this site and forum. I noticed some really great people here while lurking !
    Anyways, my question is and I hope I'm posting in the right spot.
    What is the " PW Reveal" thingy that is mentioned in the free tools section ?
    It says it's a good password revealer, but what Exactly does it reveal ? Your own passwords in case you lost and forgot them...?...or ...??
    I tried to click on it to find out more, but I get this page Error 404. Hmmm.

The reason why I am interested in it is because I'm looking for a tool that I can use
    to find out passwords with. I am a mommy of 2 teenage daughters, and although
    I am not wishing to "spy" on them, I just occasionally want to check that they are
    staying with the Internet Safety Rules, and not communicate with some freaky stranger. I don't really want something that is hidden..not nessecarily, because I will let them know what I'm doing. IF I find such a tool of course. I can't afford to buy
    a password logger right now as I already have "CyberPatrol" over my back, waiting for me to buy their product..and it's not cheap. Although it monitors what they can "say" online, etc, but you can't see what they type on the PC. Just wanting to make sure (with their knowledge) that I'm Watching over them *lol*

I am very sorry for this long post, and my probably suxxy english...born german, now residing in the great US. :)

Any parents in here that can advice on some good parents-monitoring software ?

Thank's so much in advance on any infos...!

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi Nat68,

Welcome to the Wilder's forum!
    I tried the link for PWReveal and it is dead for me also. Here is a link to MajorGeeks where it can be downloaded.
    Basically, it is a small utility that allows you to see what the password is that is hidden (masked) behind a bunch of asterisks *********. It is useful if you forgot your email password and you use it to show you within the email program. If the password you want is not in a text field with ***** (or dots) then it won't help you.

As far as your 2 teenage daughters, you have my sympathies, as you have your hands full! :)
    I can't comment on CyberPatrol or other monitoring software, however others here may have more knowledge in that area.

P.S. Your written english is better than many "born and raised" Americans.
    :D

3. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Hi Devinco, Thank you for the welcome and the link to PW-R. and also for
    explaining what this does ! :)
    But No, I don't think it's what I need. I Do trust my daughters and they are
    pretty responsible as far as I can tell, but....my motherly instincts tell me
    I need something for, uhm...reassurance, if you know what I mean ;)
    Too many sick bastards (excuse me please), hiding behind their safe
    monitor and come on to innocent and naive children..and do what all they can to lure and allure for their perverted pleasure..... :mad:

OK. I will just wait in hope someone can provide me with what I'm looking for,
    and I'll keep searching also...
    Thank's again Devinco, for your fast reply. :D

P.S. I love this board !!! :-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.