Putty and my disobedient mouse

Discussion in 'hardware' started by AaLF, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Putty is the program for accessing & tinkering around in servers. Recently my mouse has been acting up.

I used to login with "root" and then add password with a simple "single right click" to insert password. Nowadays though the only way to insert the password is to tediously type it in one digit at a time. I swapped the mice over. Problem still there.

What's wrong? Why can't I copy/paste the password somehow anymore? I am using Windows XP 32bit.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I doubt your mouse is at fault, especially if right click copy works elsewhere. You will find plenty apps where password has to be typed. I interpret it as a simple security feature.

3. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Two friends overseas can log in by just a 'right click' rather than typing the password. So do you think the security issue is in my XP or perhaps my IP is semi restricted? I'd like to resolve this as a 14 digit password is painful to type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.