Putting 4 Linux install CD's > 1 DVD Possible?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I am in the process of downloading Slackware Linux OS free. But unlike other linux's it does not seem to come with the option of a DVD download just a 4 CD download.

Therefore i was wondering is there anyway i can convert these 4 CD's to make one Dos installable Linux Slackware install DVD.

If so how would i do it. Would just copying and pasting the files from the 4 cds to the one folder then burning it to a DVD work or do i need to do something else.

If so can someone show me what. As i really just want to install from 1 DVD.

Thanks

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

First, make sure you system can boot to a DVD.
    Second, Most installers that span multiple disks look at their current location for the next file. If it can't find it, it will ask you to insert the next disk. If all the files are on one disk, it should be able to find the files it needs and continue the installation.

Give it a try and let us know, that would be interesting to see if it works.

Good Luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.