PUSH Install Issues

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by creizlein, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creizlein

creizlein Registered Member

Hello everyone.

We have been using RA v2 and EAV v3 for a while and now that v4 of EAV is out we are going to push install them on all the clients.

I have successfully upgraded to 3.0 RA/RS but the problems comes that with "some" machines i get a access denied error when i go to get info of the push install.

It just happens with some machines, alltrough it is a domain and im using the Administrator account for the login, im 100% sure there is no typos of course..

what i had notice is that when i click the diagnostics button the item that only fails is the "Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info)".
    On the other hand, when i really type a wrong user it get error on almost all of the items, so thats confirms my theory that its not a login/credentials issues.

Any help please?

2. DMIsec

DMIsec Registered Member

Is it only when you click on "Get Info"? What happens when you just click "Install"? The reason I'm asking is because I get the same issue with a few laptops although when I click "Install" it pushes the installation anyway.

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Are the problematic clients running Vista?

4. creizlein

creizlein Registered Member

No, they are not running Vista, i only have XP on these workstations, and when i press install i get the same issue, permission denied...

Ideas?

5. DontPanic

DontPanic Registered Member

Are all other anti-virus programs removed first?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.