Push install issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ramsus, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramsus

ramsus Registered Member

I did a push install of the latest version to new machines that have never had any anti-virus installed on them before. It says it installed correctly but the clients never report back to the server.

I realized that when making the package I imported a policy which didn't tell the client what remote console to report to. Is there any way to fix this without going to each workstation? I have verified that the client indeed did successfully install. I've already tried doing a push install again on the same machines but I had no luck.

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The only way how to make clients report to ERAS is by pushing an install package with a correct configuration on the clients.

3. ramsus

ramsus Registered Member

I set the server name and password in the package after the fact and did a redeploy. They still didn't report back.

Anything I might be missing?

Do I have to do anything special since I am deploying the same version as whats on the machine?

4. Nick0

Nick0 Registered Member

You should not need a password by default, try removing that.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try deploying the package to one client only and make sure it connects to ERAS fine. If a firewall is running, try disabling it just for a test.

6. ramsus

ramsus Registered Member

I removed the password from the remote administration section of the policy in the package. I then redeployed the package to a workstation and saw "Product: ESET NOD32 Antivirus -- Configuration completed successfully" in the remote machines Event Viewer. I then logged into the remote machine through RDP and the setting was still not set on the client.

Any ideas on what is next? I guess I could do this manually but I wanted this to work through the console.

7. ramsus

ramsus Registered Member

I just deleted the whole package I created - used the default policy with some modifications and pushed the client back out to a few new machines. The machine STILL doesn't pick up the remote console settings.

I confirmed that going to a machine manually and entering the settings does make it report to the console.

Any ideas on what I can try next?

8. Nick0

Nick0 Registered Member

If entering the settings manually causes it to work, then I would say there are only 2 possible reasons its not working straigt after the push install.

1. Your package has not been set up correctly. By default remote administrator automatically adds the correct settings within the package configuration. But please check anyway under ESET Kernel>Setup>Remote administration> "Connect to Remote Administrator Server" should be YES, and "Primary server adddress" should be your servers hostname or IP address.

2. You may have a Policy set up which is overwriting all your settings. Within your RA console, choose Tools > Policy Manager. Find the applicable policy (Server Policy by default) and choose Edit. Then make sure that the ESET Kernel>Setup>Remote administration is greyed out, (right click, UNMARK)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.