PUSH install failing

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by tanstaafl, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

SOLVED: PUSH install failing

I'm getting really frustrated here...

I'm getting one error when running the Diag on the push install window:

"Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)"

All other tests pass.

I've been through the checklist here, and everything is set up correctly.

This is on a workstation that had NOD32 v2.7 installed for years, that I uninstalled manually (because the PUSH uninstall from the old RAS failed as well).

This is also a new RAC/RAS install of 3.1.15

Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  2. tanstaafl

Oh - and the error I get when trying to push the install is the generic 1603 error...

3. tanstaafl

Hmmm... could it be because I have the old 2.0.x version of the remote admin console installed on this box?

4. tanstaafl

SOLVED: Re: PUSH install failing

Well, after days of frustration, I finally decided to just run the installer locally (I don't like giving up and wanted to figure out what was causing the remote install to fail), and the reason was plain as day.

ESET refused to install because it said I had BitDefender installed. Well, I didn't, and don't recall ever installing it, even a trial - and I don't just install trials without thinking about it.

Anyway, I downloaded BitDefenders own removal tool, and the only thing it found installed was what it called the 'main registry key'. It found nothing else on the system.

Now, my only complaint is, since the local install told me plain as day why it was refusing to install, why couldn't the remote push install return this same error? It would have saved me many many hours of pointless troubleshooting.

So, where do I report this bug?

5. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

I experienced the same issue once when a register key was left from another AV. Silent installation returned some strange error (like 0x0002 - I don't recall it). After starting it manually it nicely said AV traces were still found, so perhaps it can be reported back better then as it is now.

You cant blame ESET for not installing cause some items were not properly uninstalled of course. As for the bug reporting, I am sure some ESET developers have read this message. You can always also post it as feature request on the sticky thread on this forum to make sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.