Purpose of this forum section - individual problem cases

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by LowWaterMark, Feb 7, 2014.

1. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

This section is meant to contain threads about individual problems using encryption products. This includes things like corrupted drives or headers, errors while decrypting, file recovery and so on. I say "individual" because in almost all cases these threads are likely to be of direct use only to the thread starter. Although, as sample cases, they may have value to others in similiar situations. But, since each person's specific issue is likely to vary some what from someone elses, each person with such a problem should start their own thread.

General discussions on how to use encryption products, including things like the best way to configure the software, drive or container, how to ensure recoverability in case of errors, good passphrase choices, and whatever else, should still go in the "privacy technology" section, as those topics are of much wider use to all people using these technologies.

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I want to again thank you for starting the encryption problems subforum.

It was driving me a bit batty having these TC & such threads everywhere.

This is such a relief.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.