Purchasing from elsewhere

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mert90, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mert90

mert90 Registered Member

I'm Turkish and our local ESET product seller just sells 1 year product license however i want to buy more than 1 year license and i already have one(for 1 year which will end in 13 days) so i just want to postpone it's deadline not buying a completely new one because this way it's a lot cheaper. So if in other countries you can postpone a license one more year with a lot less money compared to buying a new one then why it's not like this for my country's seller. My question is do i have to buy from them and if not then can i buy it from internet with credit card. I already use English version so the language doesn't matter for me.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It sounds to me weird that the Turkish distributor wouldn't sell other than 1-year licenses. I'll try to find out more info and let you know. Purchasing from other countries is not allowed.

3. ePost

ePost Registered Member

I'm amazed to hear that. Perhaps ESET could make an exception?

@mert90: I googled your user-name, mert90, and found a mert90 who writes in Danish. ESET is available in Danish. Perhaps the compagny will allow you that? Then you can buy from some Danish vendor somewhere. Perhaps the Danish vendor will even sell you an English version. If you are the same mert90, that is. :) It could be another person with the same nick, I realize...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  4. ePost

ePost Registered Member

I am really amazed to hear about ESET's policy - that buying from other countries is not allowed. Millions of people live in countries that are foreign to them and lots of people don't speak the language in the country where they live. Are they really forced into buying security programs in a language they don't read or understand? Do ESET really forbid them to buy software in their native tongue just because they live abroad? And won't that cause compatibility problems with other software on their PCs such as .netframework and language packs? Especially when a different (non-English) alphabet is involved?

Further more this goes against all principles about free trade and the European single market treaty in the EU with which Turkey as a non-member state has an association agreement.

@mert90: what about buying from another company? Avira Antivir has no restrictions on who is allowed to buy what. Apparently they have a better understanding of what being an international company means. You can get new security software from them...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A license can be used to download any language version of the ESET's products. If one has purchased a license from a distributor and then moved to another country, purchasing from the previous distributor should be possible. If I'm not mistaken, the two distributors should be able to swap the license so that a renewal can be purchased in the country the person has moved to.

6. ePost

ePost Registered Member

Then why can't mert90 prolong his/hers subscription via a distributor in an other country? Apparently the Turkish vendor is not in the mood to sell renewals. Perhaps the international competition would make that local distributor change his business policy.

7. mert90

mert90 Registered Member

Yeah i asked them if they sell renewal to prolong my license for a year or two but the answer they gave was: "why don't you buy a new license it's much more clever considering it's all new!" Yeah i bet it is?!? Now i want to renew my license but they don't let me because i guess that they just sell all-new licenses(and that's only for 1 year, no options like 2 years for a computer or 1 year for more than one computers)so i want to buy with my credit card from another country's seller if it's possible. And if it isn't then i guess ESET is no more for me.

8. mert90

mert90 Registered Member

No i'm not that mert90, i'm Turkish(unfortunaletly:( )

9. mert90

mert90 Registered Member

so what did you find? I'm running out of time here and I definitely don't want to buy whole new 1-year license, I just want to renew my current license which is a lot cheaper and easy and actually "the clever thing to do" in this situation.

10. ePost

ePost Registered Member

I would just try to buy from an other ESET distributor. Here's the English one (UK). Perhaps they don't ask questions? Or do you know anyone who live abroad? Have them buy it and send it to you. It must be possible to buy it as a gift? Aren't gifts allowed?

11. ePost

ePost Registered Member

Your deadline is almost gone, mert90. Now what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.