purchased disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by meredog, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meredog

meredog Registered Member

when i purchased 10 i downloaded it off the internet and also bought the bootable disk witch i received thru the mail
    i have two computers in our home, can i run the disk on my second machine without the download from the internet?

Also, everything took right off and seems to be working great, i purchased an additional hardrive and am just backing up from my c drive manually. Haven't figured out how to get it to do it automaticaly and have tried several times to get notifacation when the backups have been completed with no luck.
    I am using eudora for a mail agent and am wondering if that is a problem

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Yes, the boot cd will run on any computer.
    What kind of notification are you expecting to get? There will be a window that comes up saying "completed successfully" when the backup is finished.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The disk will run but you have to buy a license for each machine to be legal.

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

There were complaints about email notification in TI10, yes. I'm not sure if they were in connection with Eudora, but you may search this forum.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello meredog,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that as seekforever said according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

As for the question about Acronis True Image Bootable CD please note that at this moment this kind of CD is temporary not available on Acronis on-line store. However, some of our official retail stores or resellers might already have created this kind of Acronis True Image Bootable CD by they own.

Please note that Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers for the wide variety of modern hardware. In other words, it does not depend on the hardware configuration of the system it was created on. Therefore, you will be able to boot any computer using this Bootable CD into the standalone mode of Acronis True Image.

If you have purchase Acronis True Image 10.0 Home on Acronis on-line store than the CD you are talking about is a Backup CD. This CD is not bootable and contains the copy of the installation file of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Please also note that you can find the detailed instructions on how to create scheduled backup tasks and set up e-mail notifications in Chapter 8. "Scheduling tasks" and Chapter 11.2 "Operation results notification" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.