Purchase of Boclean

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by pepim, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Even though Blue, I have no idea what you said, it sounded good enough for me, so I bought it. It is a light little bugger.;)

2. pepim

pepim Registered Member

It was just a file on my D disk and only Kapersky thought it was something bad. I didn't need it so i deleted it. After scanning my pc everything seems to be fine. Thanks for your link.

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

trjam,

It is fairly light, and I really don't know what to say except the BOClean's approach appears fairly robust against some schemes to obscure the identity of malware and that's why I believe it is of potential value.

Support is always excellent, very timely, and I've never noted conflicts with anything I've ever tried alongside it.

Blue

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

You are welcome and good to see everything is as it should be. :)

snowbound

5. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I have a question for everyone that's running BOClean:

Do you all have a file in Application Data under All Users BOC422.XVU 323KB?

I have mine set to "Keep Copy of Evidence" and at first thought this might be something BOClean caught, but then someone mentioned it would have a extension of evidence.txt. Just wanted to make sure it something I should delete or not.

Thanks,

Rilla927

6. BlueZannetti

Yes, that is the signature database file.

Blue

7. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi Rilla,

Everytime you update BoClean, this file is updated ( signature database)

8. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

@Blue, MaB69

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I wasn't sure.

So far I have never seen BOClean catch anything. I guess that's a good thing.

9. BlueZannetti

No problem, I realize that a more expected location might be the within the Programs folder.
    Yes, that is a good thing. BOClean will not catch anything unless whatever is placed before it has failed. Even if you are running BOClean alone with no other realtime coverage, caught malware should be a rather infrequent event unless you are out actively and specifically searching for malware and courting continuous exposure.

Blue

10. skibow

skibow Registered Member

where is boclean rewards for catch any thing

11. BlueZannetti

If you mean to ask why BOClean never appears to be a part of testing protocols, it's basically related to the fact that it is primarily a process memory only scanner with only a single file demand scan capability. To adequately test it, one would have to actually execute the malware files, as opposed to performing a straightforward demand scan on a malware library. Even for a small and therefore statistically questionable test, that would be an enormous amount of work.

Blue

12. skibow

skibow Registered Member

Sir still show the peoples some thing that BoClean has been say to catch or stop a virus

13. BlueZannetti

All I can provide is my personal experience.

BOClean has worked. My son's PC had a current and working installation of KAV and it needed a bit of backup. This happened once. I'm satisfied. You can believe or disregard that anecdotal story at your discretion. As for the basic design philosophy of the product, I can appreciate the motivation behind it.

Blue

14. skibow

skibow Registered Member

why isnt BoClean free to try for 30 days pay first that not very good sir

15. BlueZannetti

You seem to believe I am somehow connected to the company that produces BOClean. I'm not, I'm simply a customer. They also made the decision on how to market the product, as does any vendor. If you disagree with the approach of a vendor, look elsewhere.

Blue

16. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

They will give your money back if not satisfied. I never asked for mine back. That Anti-malware protection has cost me less then $10 a year and I needed some help with some things when I first got my copy. I got great email support and learned a lot in the process about all my software security programs including BOClean. :)

I have no complaints :blink: none. ;)

17. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I cant imagine why anyone would ask for a refund.
    Hey Blue at least your being called 'sir' ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.