Mayor McCheese (I like that name by the way), I agree with a lot of what hollywoodpc has said regarding the upgrade. However, I want to clarify one thing. I've owned TDS-3 for a long time and I've always received free updates. When I say updates, I mean new reference files. I've heard a rumor that these updates could change to a subscription-based service. However, there has been a lot of speculation about how things will be handled when TDS-4 comes out, but that has been mostly speculation because the developers are busy developing and consequently can't spend a lot of time giving real-time information on products in the works. A lot of what's being done seems to be undocumented and requires a lot of hard work and research. This fact has resulted in significant delays in the release of the highly anticipated TDS-4. There's little doubt that TDS-4 will be a kick-a$$ product, but the questions that many have is "When will TDS-4 be released and what will it be like?" My advice is research the various options you have for trojan defense (which you will likely find TDS-3 and Trojan Hunter to be the top choices) and assess the status of the companies behind them (in other words, decide which company will likely be around in the future to support their product) and make your decision. I did this and I own TDS-3 and almost every other DiamondCS product. Knowing what I know now would I make the same decision? If I were in your situation right now, I would utilize the 30 day evaluation for protection and evaluation, and if a release date wasn't known by the expiration of the evaluation period, I would reconsider all my options.