purchase link?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by feddup, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

This is a trivial request but could someone try the PG purchase link to see if it's working? It may be my browser settings.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I just tried again after adding it to my trusted sites. I even tried disabling all my various protection. No luck. I'll try again later.

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

How about empty out your Temporary Internet Files folder?

Blue

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The purchase link on the Diamond CS site actually goes over to "regsoft.net" so that's the site you need to check in terms of trust or possible blocking in your hosts file or other security / privacy tools.

6. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I also put regsoft into the trusted sites. It's still a no go. I'm in no hurry but I'd like to know what's blocking me. I tried some other purchase sites and everything seems fine. I've been tightening up my security including browser settings and various bad site blocking apps so there's many variables. It'll take time to figure it out. thanks for the ideas.

7. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Thanks for the help. regsoft was in fact in my hosts file! Now for another newbie question. In the members area I received an unlock code. In PG the field to enter the registration code is, I'm guessing, only 75% large enough to hold this unbelievably large alphanumeric field. Sorry for all the bumbling but I can't seem to fit the 200 digits in a 150 digit space. Any clues would be appreciatted!

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Just cut and paste into the space, should be OK Pilli :)

9. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Thanks for your responses but copying and pasting hasn't worked. I fear it's my ineptness but I've activated many products successfully. I simply have about 50-100 extra characters for which there's no room to place in the unlock code field. I decided to try carefully typing the remaining characters after the box had filled and the results were the same. I've tried no less than ten times. I wonder if I got the unlock code for a different product. At the DCS website this code appears right below the "download PG 3.150" symbol. I'm clueless (literally!).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi I take it you are clicking the register now button in PG?
    This should open a box which is more than big enough for the number of chars in the key.
    If you can post a screenshot of what you are seeing it may help us to address the problem better.

Thanks. Pilli

11. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, feddup

Yes that is the unlock code.

Right Click in that field and Select All and then Right Click in the same field and Copy, then open the Register now window in PG, Right Click in that field and Paste.

Hope you do not mind me to butting in Pilli.

Take Care,
    TheQuest

12. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Not at all, as long as wecan get feddup up to speed and - Hmm not fed up :D

13. TheQuest

Hi, Pilli

Your right not fed up, but Full up. :D

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

14. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Again thanks for the help. I've copied / and / or cut and pasted what I believe to be thousands of times (quite successfully). I've also activated many products without event. Something is wrong with this procedure. I'll repeat it slowly. I haven't counted since DCS has seen fit to make their unlock codes approximately 300 characters in length. In PG when you click "register" a field appears that holds approx. 200 characters. I've carefully read the instructions. I've repeated the procedure around ten times. It is quite possible the problem is operator (me) error. again thanks for the help.

15. TheQuest

Hi, feddup

Please try the way I have posted in #11, that way you will not have any black space, which can happen with copy and paste.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

16. feddup

feddup Registered Member

That's exactly how I copy and paste! I'm not sure how else you would do it. I've e-mailed DCS but they don't seem to believe any install issues exist. I have no idea how to include screenshots on a forum. I sent some to them. Actually i just saw the manage attachments window but .1 Mb is the max size. Anyway thanks for the help attempts.

17. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Resolution!

DCS turned out to be quite supportive. My 83 year old mother also uses the PC and I have tweaked the display settings for her benefit as well as my own (I'm 43). It turns out the Display's DPI setting was too large and my fonts were too large as well. DCS was "supportive", patient and thorough. For anyone else having general activation problems sending screenshots was the clue that was necessary to solve the problem. The product has finally been activated thanks to the people at Wilders as well as DCS. Now I can actually devote time to learning the program.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  18. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi No_so_feddup, I am glad we eventually got you going :)

Pleas take some time to read the help file and the stickies above as there is a wealth of info' that will decrease your learning curve.

Have fun. Pilli :)

19. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Thanks again! The program seems quite natural so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.