Purchase download or Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by awx, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awx

awx Registered Member

Hello,
    I'm thinking of getting Acronis True Image for home use. Best Buy has it for $39 while the direct download is $49. Are there advantages or disadvantages to either one? Are the identical product editions? Any limitations that I should be aware of?

TIA

2. dwalby

dwalby Registered Member

With boxed version you get the boot disk (the installation disk) in the box, with download version you have to make your own boot disk (no big deal).

With either version if you register it with Acronis you can download updates for free, so no difference there. There's a chance the boxed version is not the latest build, so you may have to download the latest version after doing the install. The download should always be the latest version.

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Make sure the retail version is the latest - ver 2009 build 9709? Someone please confirm - it could very well be an older version.

4. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Go with the cheapest one (like DwnNdrty said, make sure it's the same 2009 version). Then register it and download the latest build.

5. awx

awx Registered Member

Thanks guys, that's exactly the info I needed.

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Check this link. I bought my 2009 here. User group Membership is not a requirment.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1359325&postcount=5

As the postings above indicate, you are buying a license. Once you have the license key, register your license and become eligible to download the latest version from your personal account at Acronis.
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/

After registering your serial, you are eligible to download the latest build for your license.

and/Or,., new with 2009, if you already have the latest build of the trial version installed, A duplicate download is not required. You can input the newly registered license number into the trial version so the trial becomes a fully licensed version.

Once your install becomes licensed, create a new TI Rescue CD as the trial CD has limited functions. The most current build is 9709. Each new build release is a stand-alone copy and replaces the prior build and a new Rescue CD must be created with each new build/installation. It always aa good safety precaution to write your serial and build number on each CD created in case of need at some future date.

7. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Well, Newegg has it for $19.99 after rebate.

Check Fatwallet and search for Acronis, or follow my link.

P.S. Newegg is #1 online store in my opinion!

BuyTI

8. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

That's only available for USA residents

9. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

There is a NewEgg Canada but I see the price for version 11 (the old model) as $33.79. Even accounting for the exchange rate thats a lot compared to the price quoted above. ---- Ah, I see, a $20 mail in rebate. I will check again for the 2009 version. Nope, no mail in rebate in Canada.

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Rebates are paid in only a small percentage of cases were offered -- the basic strategy is the rebate company guarantees to the seller that only x% of sales will actually get rebates. Some buyers don't get rebates because they don't actually complete with the application. Some don't because the comany disqualifies lots of applications (some say even good ones) and after three months pass, most folks won't bother one way or the other anyhow for a few bucks.

In any event, before you buy, be sure to try the program for free and make sure that it's bugs won't affect your use of the program. Finding out otherwise after you fork over the

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.