Puran File Recovery

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by puransoftware, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puransoftware

puransoftware Registered Member

Hello all,

I released Puran File Recovery on 1st Feb 2013. I mentioned it in Puran Defrag 7.6 thread but I think many of you must have missed it. So here is a new thread -

I consider it my best work and probably you will find it the best File Recovery software once you use it.

Here is the link -

http://www.puransoftware.com/File-Recovery.html

Puran File Recovery can be used to recover deleted/lost files/partitions. Files can be recovered from formatted disks too. Almost everything that is detected as a drive by Windows can be scanned irrespective of its file system. Be it Hard Disks, Pen Drives, Memory Cards, Mobile Phones, CDs, DVDs, basically any storage medium.

It would be great if you all can leave a feedback on it.

2. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Hello puransoftware, thanks for the freeware :thumb:

Do you plan to create a portable version?

3. puransoftware

Thanks Alex! There is no plan for portable version yet.

4. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

Can you tell me what the connection attempts to sg2nlhg414c1414.shr.prod.sin2.secureserver.net are for? Is there a way to stop this? Despite being a prior purchaser of Puran Defrag, I have to admit I am losing faith in Puran Software due to the toolbars and now this. I may revert Puran Defrag back to the last paid version and look elsewhere for my other software needs. :'(

5. puransoftware

I didnt want to speak much over toolbar thing after the last messages on Wilders but something out of nowhere is building up that is trying to make users like you to believe that developers like me are doing a big cheating by providing a toolbar offer. Instead no one is looking at the software quality I am providing. If anyone takes a serious look at Puran File Recovey, I am sure he/she will become a fan immediately.

If toolbars were not to be trusted, has anyone installed Java here? They offer Ask Toolbar at the end, do you think company like Sun is not to be trusted and all should stop using Java?

Please note that the Toolbar bundle is OPTIONAL. Now it is not checked by default too. You can easily deny it if you want and all installation will be as it should have been without toolbar.

The bottom strip of all Puran Utilities interface where "Home" and "Facebook" icon is displayed is actually loaded in a web browser control and so it needs connection to the internet. If a connection is not available, home.html in the program files folder is loaded. Now secureserver.net is a part of GoDaddy and my files must be hosted there and hence a connection to that is requested. In any case, it is harmless and I am not doing anything wrong there.

In all, everyone at Wilders does seem to be +1 in terms of tech and hence I am seeking a feedback here.

Regards,
    Vishal Gupta

6. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

Thanks for the response. You will find that bundled toolbars and Facebook icons are not going to be very popular here no matter how unobtrusive they are. My feedback is that I think the quality of your software is exceptionally high - I just miss the availability of a non-free version, minus the toolbar and facebook stuff.

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

8. Kuffi

Kuffi Registered Member

Tried it today and seemed to work fine and recovered better than another program I used.
    But there are a few design flaws;
    - Why can't I shift-click on items in the list to enable the checkbox on them? So I can enable the checkboxes for multiple items.

- When I search for example for *.doc and then use the "select all" option they will be all checked but then the recover function will simply recover everything and not only the selected files.

- Creating new folders from the recovery file dialogue would be nice.

Besides this stuff the program seems fine.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I would not touch puran software products with a 10ft pole.
    My previous post on this topic will explain why.

Regards.

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hi Vishal

Had no idea that you are the developer of Puran. I found Puran. Defrag a pretty efficient defragger over the course of its run. Thanks for the recent all-in-one freeware utility.

Question i pose directly to you however is when will get around to updating your famous Vistamizer for Windows 8 x64?

Regards Easter

11. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Same here. It's a decent file recover for formatted disks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.