Puran Defrag 7.6

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Fuzzfas, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Not interested in any of his software..Riddled with spyware.

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

same here

now he made opting out of the toolbars and spyware need a step more, you have to click skip, then answer another question to make sure u dont want his spyware

4. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I purchased this before it went freeware and still like it. I only wish a separate download was still available for licensed users.

5. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Thanks, Fuzzfas. Hey, at least he's still offering the standalone defrag program rather than forcing users to download and install the entire utility suite.

6. puransoftware

puransoftware Registered Member

@Fuzzfas and @prius04 Thank you

@0strodamus Thank you for using Puran Defrag from a long time. Please note that there is no need for a separate download as the only change in the installer is the toolbar offer. If you do not want it, you can easily skip by clicking on Skip Offer during installation. Hardly 2 clicks more than what used to be. Everything else is absolutely the same. Now even the home page links Puran Defrag as it used to. I hope Puran Defrag continues to have users like you.

@All
    Puran Utilities 2.0 is also released with Puran File Recovery. Puran File Recovery is my best work till date. Please take a look at it and let me know your opinions.

http://www.puransoftware.com/File-Recovery.html

7. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I've mentioned before that I personally think that software bundles aren't the best in ethics. Yet, consider these:

1. The Babylon toolbar isn't malware...it's a PUP/PUA.
    2. As of V7.6, the bundle is now unchecked and opt-in by default. You just have to click on "Skip Offer" and "Yes" when prompted. For click-happy users, this is no different than blindly clicking "Yes".
    3. Program used to be payware, then free for home use, and then extended to being free for commercial use too.

Maybe I'm nuts but I'll cut the developer some slack here.

Other than the installer, are there any changes to the program itself?

8. puransoftware

puransoftware Registered Member

@safeguy Puran Defrag used to crash in some very rare cases in the middle of filling gaps. This was very difficult to repeat and trace. Hence it was there from a long time. In a more rare case, I got one or two reports where Puran Defrag crashed just at the start. Both these bugs are now fixed and Puran Defrag is more stable.

9. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

anyone see a portable version around?? thanks

10. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

I've seen those crashes on heavy fragmented computers, but, if i restart the defrag process it goes all the way without problems.

11. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. That happened to me once but I didn't think much of it. Glad to see it's fixed:thumb:

12. kyuzo

kyuzo Registered Member

I definitely do like Puran Defrag, even though I don't care for Babylon. I've alternated between PerfectDisk and Puran for a while, but Puran is so darn fast compared to PD and my system boots at least as quickly, if not quicker. I'll have to check out 7.6.

Thanks!

13. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

The folder defrag is another thing I really like about PuranDefrag.

@puransoftware: You're welcome and I wish you all the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.