puper.dll

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by billgerat, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billgerat

billgerat Registered Member

I have recently got the Trojan virus puper.dll. I have WindowsXP Professional as my platform, McAfee as my antivirus program.

McAfee keeps sending a warning that C:\SYSTEM32|HHK.DLL is infected with puper.dll. It says that the virus has been cleaned, but must restart to finish the cleaning process. After I do this, the same warning keeps popping up.

After Googling the virus & researching it, it appears that the loading agent for this virus is C:WINDOS\SYSTEM32\INTMONP. I have, in safe mode, deleted the INTMONP and INTMON files, along with the HHK.DLL files, but I keep getting A McAffee warning about the puper.dll. What do I need to do to kill this virus?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi billgerat, You posted in the TDS3 dedicated support forum so I have moved your thread to here as you will probably get a better response in this forum:)
    Please also look at this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662 Which will help you remove your problem file(s).

Pilli

3. mauricezcat

mauricezcat Guest

Microsoft's new beta scan for the whole computer found this, along with the win32.Moiling.exe virus. Their technical dept. said that Yahoo sent this bug out on the net and microsoft advises us to contact them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.