PUNKBUSTER?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Kegel, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

Is there any work being done on making AD work with Punkbuster? I guess there arent many gamers on these boards. Ive purchased both AD and PG. Neither work with PB infected games.

Anyone here use AD and nVidia video drivers? Ive found I need to allow physical memory access on just about every app that uses the vido card. This seems counterproductive. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I really need to buy a Punkbuster protected game to see how it is detecting AppDefend/RegDefend I think. There has been some talk privately about ways to defeat such detections to work around "useless" bans like the one from PB. I know other products like Daemon Tools suffer somewhat from the same issue also.

The physical memory problem (with NVIDIA drivers) should be solved (at least from the ALPHA version onwards) in all newer versions.

3. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Cant say anything about Punk buster since I rarely play the online multilayer (Battlefield 2) But the online games I did play since X64 where ok. I am a great fan of the Mercenaries Mod which provides awesome game Single player plays without the hassles of "bunny hoppers and base rapers... for those who know what I mean!"

As for Nvidia based issues:

I am using both AD & RD as well as GhostWall but in the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition version of the suite. My Main board chipset is AMD-8000™ Series chipset + NVIDIA nForce Professional Version: 6.69 Release Date: March 8, 2006 WHQL Certified
    and for Video I have the XFX 7900 GTX with the Nforce drivers = (93.71_forceware_winxp64_english_whql.exe)

I have to admit... No such troubles ever. I did have some issues with weird behavior on multi monitor but it got resolved on my last drivers update...

4. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

No problems with RegDefend. Only AD. Ive had the driver issue (having to allow physical memory access to ALL games) since the original release (PG included). I know I already purchased AD and RD but if you could fix the PB issue, I would FULLY recommend this product to everyone I know. I love the concept...just wish I could run it. I still run RD by the way.

If this problem cannot be fixed (punkbuster), is there any chance you would update the standalone RD to the most recent version? Its my understanding the RD bundled with AD is a bit more recent than the standalone version...I might be wrong though.

5. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Standalone RD? It is the same driver, so if it is detecting "AD" it would only be doing it sloppily by detecting the ghostsec.sys not if AD was enabled or not. I don't think it will be that hard to make GSS undetectable, most of those game programming companies don't seem to know that much about system programming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.