Punkbuster/ Enemy Territory

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by HalOfBorg, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HalOfBorg

HalOfBorg Registered Member

How do I get Eset to allow me to play Enemy Territory? I get kicked from any punkbuster server if Eset is running. If I turn off the Eset firewall I can play all day.

Running Windows7 Ultimate 64bit. ET, PunkbusterA and B and the punkbuster services installer all have full approval in Eset. I have tried opening the port for our server, no help.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. HalOfBorg

HalOfBorg Registered Member

Did not help. I deleted everything involving ET or PB in any way.

Launched the services test, it failed as usual. Eset did ask permission once and I said Yes and Remember. Test passed 2nd time - but still no work.

Services test always fails the first time, passes the 2nd try. Dunno why, no pop-up from Eset.

Weird thing is that this time there are NO rules for PB - either A or B.

Makes no sense to me. I'll probably end up uninstalling Eset and going with Windows Firewall. At least IT lets me do what I want to do with my own PC.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

contact tech support? In case they offer more advice

5. m0unds

m0unds Guest

out of curiosity, have you added rules for every pnkbstr a/b binary on your pc? i've found that some games have their very own version of pb that launches from the game directory (or a path within the game's root directory) instead of the ones that run as services from (in the case of w7 x64) windows\syswow64.

also, have you tried enabling logging to see what traffic ESS is blocking?

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.