"Pull" upgrade installs?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by techie007, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

Are we EVER going to have PULL-style program updates?

I have clients in domains that are isolated from me, and there's no way to PUSH to them, so as it currently stands I have to physically visit these off-site domains and update dozens of clients MANUALLY!?

I asked Eset about this feature SPECIFICALLY when we signed up and was assured that there was no difference in update capabilities of the RA whether is was on a LAN or across the Internet, and that program updates would happen automatically along with Def. updates. This was obviously a lie to get me to sign up.

Any Ideas on how I can work around this lameness?

Any ideas on WHEN/IF this feature will be implemented? Or is it just pointless to use RA in a multiple, detached subnet situation?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Program component updates (PCU) have been supported from the very beggining, the thing is that a PCU affects all users so it must be tested carefully and no serious problems may be reported which has not happened yet. When there are no serious issues and we are sure that automatic update will work flawlessly, we will release a PCU to the current version.

3. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

At what point will it do this? IE: how long after a new build is release is it considered safe enough to issue via PCU?

As a buisness customer with central control shouldn't I be able to decide if a build is safe enough to deploy -- Speicifally when experiencing troubles that a new build is supposed to repair?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.