Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SergM, Jun 10, 2011.
News in Russian
Translated using Google:
Dear beta-testers, the company Doctor Web, Ltd. is pleased to announce the first public beta antivirus Dr.web Security Space Pro 7.0. This product is based on the new architecture and has many differences from the current version.
1. Appeared a service that manages all antivirus (DrWeb Control Service), settings, statistics, self-defense, keys, remote control, impersonation, parental control, etc.
2. Storing the settings completely transferred to the registry. INI-file no longer exists.
3. Configuration interface components are now fully implemented in the agent (before each component had its own module configuration)
4. The new service (Net Filter) check traffic (http and mail) and return SpiderGate SpiderMail, modules are no longer needed.
5. On modern operating systems starting with Windows Vista and later used the new driver to intercept traffic.
6. New Updater, which uses a new mechanism to update the antivirus;
7. Functional license is now an agent.
8. There is a new possibility - remote control and antivirus setting within sight of the network. Ie if our homes are installed antivirus software on multiple computers in a network, with any of the computers can connect to the other (knowing the password) and run it (to get statistics, read and modify the module configuration, enable or disable them ...)
9. The new driver firewall.
10. The new scanner.
11. Ability to protect anti-virus settings the same password.
Supported Operating Systems:
32-bit version: Windows 2k SP4 + Rollup 1, XP SP2 +, Vista, Seven;
64-bit version: Windows XP SP2 +, Vista, Seven.
Links to the distribution files:
Dr.Web Security Space Pro 7.0
Known problems and features of work:
- Can not install on Windows XP x64
- Does not work disable firewall;
- Not implemented remote work for components (scanner, quarantine management);
- High CPU load when HTTP connection;
- Can not remote control licenses;
- When installing scanning does not start automatically;
- Does not work setting run individual components NetFilter
- Option "Turn off computer" when scanning is not working properly;
- Temporarily disable anti-spam;
- Written in the eventlog unwanted messages;
- Does not work protected files and registry;
- Not all the default settings of modules displayed correctly;
- No localization;
Key files are already included in the distributions. In order to install the beta version, it is necessary during installation to stop receiving the key (the last item in the choice of key). In this case, the beta key will be copied to the installation directory of the antivirus.
Note: Before installing the pre-need to manually uninstall any existing anti-virus products Dr.Web, to reboot and then start installing this beta.
What should I look for when testing these versions of antivirus:
- Set a different OS (x32/x64);
- Handling of infected files, archives and packers, false alarms, etc.;
- Operation of the components;
- The overall stability of the antivirus;
- Compatibility with various user software;
- The correct use of all presets.
- Anti-virus network and remote antivirus
Doctor Web is not responsible for any consequences that may arise when testing the beta versions of products / components. Technical support service of Doctor Web, Ltd. does not provide support for beta products / components. The primary means of providing feedback to developers during the beta testing is a bug-tracker. All questions, suggestions, and a description of the errors associated with testing of products / components, should be published in the issue tracker.
Please apply to messages in the bug tracker all the necessary logs and files, in particular:
- Log obtained by the built-in product Dr.Web SysInfo;
- Logic components are located in% ALLUSERSPROFILE% / Doctor Web / Logs;
- Log scanner is located in the% USERPROFILE% / Doctor Web;
- Memory dumps when falling components;
- Total memory dump during the fall of the entire OS;
- Any other information that may be useful for diagnosing errors.
Some screen shots
Interesting, They will have to pull something out the bag with this one, although I liked v5, v6 didin't seem to advance much, they seem to be slipping behind the pack V6 was not feature packed and was no longer lightweight, although still quicker than a lot despite using loads more resources.
Will look forward to giving this a look, thanks for the heads up.
Does this include the faster scanning that was talked about awhile ago?
Oh, yes. Very fast and very good scanner. But with some of the weaknesses inherent in the beta version.
The scanner still in Russian only
Hope this will fix asap.
Yes. Currently, the scanner only in Russian.
This will be corrected.
Looks like version 7 is just taking all the new features it has bolted in in older versions and then creating a more integrated product. version 7 doesnt seem to add anything to help prevent 0day malware. does drweb have a protection network of all its users?
If you know Russian, you can listen the podcast with the main developer
unfortunately i dont understand russian. is there likely to be an english version later on?
whats about ram usage it was for drweb 6 around 150 or 160 mb is it the same or lower
What do you mean? There is a new feature of the remote administration of all PCs on your network.
Now all modules are working through one engine - SE, memory consumption should be reduced.
If a file is unknown it an option to send it to drweb for analysis. thats the most basic part of a protection network.
Can someone post screenshots directly? You have to make an account on their site to see the ones linked to.
Personally, I like Dr.Web's Live CD, and their CureIt is also good. I haven't used their paid products though.
Just finds that the context menu(right-click scanning) is not worked
DrWeb's beta zone is very hard for non Russians people to read, I suggest that to seperate into two zones, one for Russian, one for English.
None to be seen. Just a request to log into the user forum.
Dr. Web 7.0 BETA
What kind of public beta is this? The scanner language is Russian.
Yes, now it's. Language in the scanner has only Russian. In the future this will be fixed. After June 14 it will be possible to download the new beta distribution
Let's hope so...
About protection network: did you mean network like KSN from Kaspersky or SONAR from Symantec?
yes i did.
Separate names with a comma.