PSOL Lite

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by CloneRanger, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Further to my other thread, i'd like to expand on my thoughts about being able to have just the SOL without the P.

I hear what's been said already, that P can & does work without SOL, but not vice versa. Except as i showed it can & does & still is. The only issue is due to my blocking P from accessing the internet to achieve this, i get Lots of outbound FW attempts = not required in this setup.

So all that needs to be done is, for PSOL to have the CloudBursting © attempts coded not to occur. I don't see why that couldn't be done, & i imagine quite easily & quickly, by those "skilled in the art" ;)

This obviously would be seperate product to P & PSOL. But for those of us who prefer it, & those that don't know they do yet, as it hasn't happened yet, well only here sort of :p i believe it would be a VERY welcome addition to the range :) :thumb:

Also i'm not concerned about,

Blocking bad www's URL's

IP Verification

And im still able to add www's into PSOL's user entered protection list too :)

Even if you can't do it today, tomorrow would be fine :D But please consider this idea, & also pass the suggestion on to the rest of your team for evaluation :)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

SafeOnline requires internet access as well (to block malicious domains) and it still requires scanning the PC and tracking what programs are installed. Part of SafeOnline requires blocking files that are not known good which can only be known by scanning in realtime so I don't see any possibility of having it without the rest of Prevx.

3. joutlan

joutlan Registered Member

/off topic/
    is there a discount for renewing customers? If not, can there be? :argh:
    /on topic/

When will SafeOnline work with FF4? When is Version 4 coming out? Will all current customers get the program upgrade? (Would think so, but I'm new to Prevx) thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.