PSOL: Credentials Feature; also Sandboxie

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by discs, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. discs

discs Registered Member

Hi,

The Wilders Forum has helped me a lot while getting to know about security on a new Windows 7 desktop I bought recently. Reading a lot on here I have, for my needs and nature, already decided on Sandboxie (registered) and Outpost Firewall Pro (just can't seem to handle the invisible outbound element on Windows Firewall).

I would now like to add Prevx Safeonline to my security setup:

1. Credentials/Data Security

I downloaded the free facebook version of PSOL to try it out. I am pleased with it - but couldn't get the advanced Credentials/Data Security aspects to work at all.

Before I ask any questions about this: do these functions, warning you of phishing (entering credentials for a website on the wrong one) not work in the free version? Do I need to buy Safeonline, which I will do if needed, to access the Credentials/Data Security elements?

2. About PSOL compatibility with Sandboxie

- Is it true that the only way to work PSOL and Sandboxie together is to open up the sandbox to the 'Accessibility' features of Windows. Is this the best solution at present? - or is there likely to be better compatibility in the future?
    - Does Prevx SO provide its absolutely full and maximum protection in Sandboxie, when used with a sandbox opened up as above?

(I am not too worried about the somewhat lessened security of Sandboxie, since I will only use the specific sandbox for a few very well known sites: banking, paypal etc.)

Thank you.

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium; UAC; Parental Controls (Allow only specified programs); Sandboxie; Outpost Firewall.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Welcome to the forums! :)

Regarding your questions:

The specific Credentials/Data Security is not enabled in the Facebook version, however, note that it is a minor feature which is non-essential to the operation of SafeOnline (and it is actually being phased out for a different, stronger approach moving forward).

Regarding Sandboxie - Yes, allowing SafeOnline through that area of Sandboxie will allow you to use it properly. Because of what Sandboxie does, it will not be possible to circumvent this on our end so the modification to the sandbox security is the best way to allow SafeOnline to work as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

3. discs

discs Registered Member

Hi PrevxHelp,

Thanks for your clear reply to my questions. I will go ahead with the Facebook version for the moment - but will certainly keep an eye out for your newer versions. You have created a neat piece of software - really like it a lot!

Btw: both my banks (HSBC and Nationwide) offer Trustee Rapport - but reading these forums, and general research on the web, persuaded me to try out Prevx; I am glad I did.

Thanks again.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thanks, glad to hear it! :) Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.