PS2 mouse not recognized in DD when booting from CD

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by nahmus, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nahmus

nahmus Registered Member

I was working on an older Dell Poweredge 1300. It had an 8gig C: that i wanted to enlarge. When i booted from the disk the mouse, which was PS2 was not found. no cursor. No biggie. I was tabing to what i needed and using the "5" key on the number pad as the left click.
    There was a 20gig partition that was not being used for anything useful so i copied all the data off of it. I started the wizard-> resize partition and selected the C: and then when i went to select the partition that i wanted to take space from you are supposed to click on the box on that line where the partition is located. I could tab to that line so it was highlighted but nothing worked to "click" the box. space bar "5" key nothing. I tried 3 different PS2mice and 2 usb mice. Nothing was recognized. All mice worked when booted into windows.

I was thinking it might be a BIOS issue since its still on its original BIOS and will try updating that on monday. I just wanted to see of this has happened before. I searched and say mudcrabs post about the F11 key and the USB mouse but that did not help.

very weird.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Have you tried the "safe" mode version of DD? It uses DOS and is more likely to work with a standard PS2 mouse than the "full" mode (Linux) version, which may not have the proper drivers for your hardware.

3. nahmus

nahmus Registered Member

worked like a charm. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.