PS Tray Factory alternative(s) ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chrome_sturmen, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

I use ps tray factory to hide icons on the system tray that I normally don't need to access often. It hides them in a popup menu so you can quickly access them when needbe. I find this very handy, because I don't have to have icons going all across the system tray, I only keep the icons on the tray that I access quite often.

The trouble is that the program is very buggy, oftentimes it stops working correctly and when clicking an icon from the hover menu, nothing happens and you have to unhide it to access it.

Does anyone know of a more stable and reliable alternative to this program? It's a very handy concept.

Thanks,

chrome

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Until suggestions accumulate, _oogling "system tray apps" should lead to a nice collection within the top five sites.

3. chrome_sturmen

Thanks for the tip - I've actually googled it in the past, but was unable to find anything much. Where I did find other system tray apps, I came across nothing that did as this program does.

You can trust me on this one - I'm a searcher first and an asker last - so by the time I've made a post here (with a request) you can be sure I've already checked around, probably with 3 or 4 search engines.

I spend most of my time here on the firewall and malware boards, not this general application one.

~Off topic comment removed.~

regards,

chrome

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
  4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

chrome_sturmen, did a search on List of Lists and Tray Pilot Lite came up. I have not used it, yet sounds similar to your PS Tray Factory. Keep us posted if this one works for you.

5. chrome_sturmen

Thanks JRViejo for the suggestion - I've come across that one before but it looks a little antiquated at this point. I guess what I had in mind when I created this thread was "suggest an app that I've never seen before", but then, how would anyone reading here or replying know what I've come across before?

I will search on, or just stick with what I've got for the time being.

We can consider this thread resolved and ended.

chrome

6. bman412

bman412 Registered Member

Good day chrome,

Dexpot may do the trick for you (and more!). You can set up rules as well to minimize programs you want to the notification tray instead of manually sending them to tray via clicking on the system menu.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.