proxychains firefox leaks DNS?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by febainy, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. febainy

febainy Registered Member

proxychains firefox leaks DNS?

I'm using proxychains and torsocks recently, all of them are easy to use. But both of them had made error message from Tor, saying something leaks. Is that real? I check my DNS by dnsleak.com, saying my proxychains firefox maybe leaking the DNS, although the DNS detected by dnsleak.com is not from the configuration of my PC but maybe from the entry node of Tor. And if proxychains VirtualBox, the network traffic from guest OS inside VirtualBox is just connect to the internet directly instead of going through Tor network. Does proxychains safe to use?

2. treepattern

treepattern Registered Member

What Operating System are you running? Issues like this can be mitigated by using a Linux distro like Tails.
    https://tails.boum.org/

If you wanted to, you could run wireshark and save and upload a .pcapng file to a site like dropbox and post the link so people can download it and look at it in wireshark. If you do, don't log into any forums or websites, minimize your internet traffic. Don't upload a packetcapture of you logging in and browsing forums and stuff like that.

3. febainy

febainy Registered Member

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04, have uncomment proxy_dns in proxychains.conf, is that means resolve the DNS by proxychains?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.