ProXPN hiding something. I think I need a new VPN service.

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by DynoTAP, Nov 17, 2014.

1. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I trust that you'll be well soon :)
    Everything can be done on one machine, which hosts several virtual machines (VMs). Said VMs include pfSense router VMs (used as VPN clients), Linux VMs (used as workspaces, and also for managing the pfSense VMs) and Whonix Tor gateway and workstation VMs (Debian).

But conversely, and indeed obviously, anything done with VMs can also be done with physical machines. And one can mix physical and virtual. For example, the host machine that this VM is running on has a second network adapter. So let's say that I have another physical machine that I want to set up, with Internet access through some nested chain of VPNs and Tor. I just do that on this host machine, and bridge the result to the second network adapter. Then I just wire the other physical machine to that adapter. Done.
    Thanks. I'm chillin' :)

2. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

Indeed, well, nearly everything. VMs have a relevant and big advantage in terms of snapshot management and reversion as required.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.