Proxomitron Replacement?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by MakoFusion, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakoFusion

MakoFusion Registered Member

Now that Proxomitron is no longer being supported or updated is there another local proxy that is very well recommended by you folks? Does a local proxy act like a tunnel and filter for connections with whatever you want to connect with it?

2. nameless

nameless Registered Member

For ads, popups, and general web annoyances, I like Ad Muncher, which is not freeware. Better than a proxy, it works with whatever you tell it to work with (Mozilla, Opera, MSIE, OE, MyIE2, ICQ, you name it).

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hm well I spent a couple minutes looking; but I can't find it... "it" was a thread from a few weeks back (appx) where this very thing was discussed and quite a few people thought Proxo was still a top choice - there was a large list of sites with Proxo forums, etc...

Hopefully one of those thread participants will show up and recall where it is; maybe some of those pages would give you what you need. I also am sure that more alternatives will be brought into your thread soon ;-)

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Looking for this one?
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16615

Regards,

Pieter

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

*scratch scratch* where was that thing hiding from me? I swear I checked back 8 pages or so in here :rolleyes:

lol thnx Pieter, have a cookie ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.