Proxomitron Help ~Quick Question~

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by dog, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, ;)

Need a little help ... to save me some time (sorry I'm feeling a bit lazy today ... Normally I'd figure it out myself, but I'd like to use the easy route, today. ;)

Smilies on Wilders' (vBulletin) don't work using KyeU's filter merged with the default(s) ... Smilies do however work on IPB Boards.

What filter(s) do I need to uncheck to gain the JS functionability of vBulletin Boards?

Steve

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If it were me, and it's not, I would right click on the tray icon and bypass while on Wilders. I'm even lazier. :D

3. dog

dog Guest

LOL :D Typically that's what I do too (actual I just change the browser back to P:80) ... but I would like to know what filter(s) prevent this functionability. I'll plug away at ... and report back when I've found the answer. Unless ~someone~ beats me to it. ;)

~:Bark!:~:Bark!:~

4. HoLmEc

HoLmEc Registered Member

Hey dog, where did you get KeyU's filter ?? Im looking for this one for a while .. I tried one link that i found here on the forum, but it was broken .. Im currently using JD's filter.

Thanks

5. dog

dog Guest

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Go get it Dog, this very well could be the issue that has been giving me grief, though mine is only in FireFox, IE works perfectly...

7. dog

dog Guest

Hi Blackspear, ;)

Hmm ... strange. I thought it may be an isolated issue with Firefox ... So I did setup IE and Opera. With Opera this function does work (with the default Config file), but not within IE (for me). I systematically went thru the filters, disabling them one by one, then disabled them in connected groups, and also tried with disabling them all, and still no dice with FF. So that combined with the fact that Opera still allows this function (without any modification needed), pretty much rules Proxomitron as the cause, doesn't it? It's truely strange ... Why would it work without Proxo, but not with ... I'm perplexed. o_O

Does anyone have any ideas?

BTW: FF 1.0 & Proxomitron Naoko 4.5 (June)

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2005
  8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Use the default filters. Works for me. Plenty of power there if you want to use it. :)

9. dog

dog Guest

I tried that too Ron ... but no dice still. What version of FF & Proxomitron are you using? Have you altered the FF ini. file (about:config) at all? Do you have Wilders' listed in the bypass file? If so what entry are you using (incl. wildcards)

Steve

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

FF 1.0, same version of Proxo as you. I haven't altered the about:config.

You can right click on the tray icon and bypass.

I use the level one config file built into Proxo. Right click on the tray icon. I may have changed a couple of filters in Proxo to aid in ad blocking.

11. dog

dog Guest

That's also strange ... I checked that after you mentioned it before (above) ... But Strangely that doesn't work for me either. o_O I have to switch to a normal connection on Port 80 (as I mentioned above)

The log window shows the following in bypass mode (partial log only - 1 entry) :

Code:
    New Message Log Window....
    [b]BlockList 468: in Bypass, line 31[/b]

+++GET 468+++
    GET /newreply.php?do=newreply&p=351702 HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.wilderssecurity.com
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
    Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
    Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
    Any other thoughts?

Steve

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Since you have the custom filter set available, you could just delete or uninstall proxomitron and install the plain vanilla version and give it a try.

If you see flash or other items you don't want to see, there are built in filters.

Using Firefox, the issues aren't as great as with IE.

13. dog

dog Guest

ROTF LMAO :D ... Well the ~Quick Question~ has turned into an Epic Quest. That didn't work either. ~Why Me~ LOL

Good thing I have a great sense of humour :D

One way or other ... I'm gonna get this thing worked out ~Laughing all the way~

~{Perplexed Puppy}~

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

15. dog

dog Guest

~Thanks Ron~ ;)

I'll look thru the official forum ... as well as crawl thru the Castle Cops, and Kye-U's forum looking for info ... and will post the question there if no answer is found. It's Truely Strange. o_O

I'll even give Privoxy a whirl. :p

PS. One other anomaly ... GRC's Shields Up ... Doesn't sqawk about using a proxy when running a scan with FF or IE ... But presences the - you're using a proxy ... bla bla blah ... No scan for you, when using Opera :p

~I'm one tired & confused puppy ATM~
    ....{I know I shouldn't stay up ALL night}....:rolleyes: :blink: :p

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

That's why we love computers. :D

17. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... Maybe it'd be easier to ask/convince Mike and Paul to switch to IBP from vBulletin. :D :p ~just teasing~ :p

18. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

This is the way we clear our cache, clear our cache, clear our cache...
    this is the way we clear our cache, or get a forced refre-esh[ctrl+F5]
    ~wink~ ;)
    Does that help?
    I can also clap loudly in appreciation of your working like a dog donkey ;)

19. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

You could also try replacing the default rules with sidki's pack, THEN mergiung Kye-U's pack onto them.
    have fun.

20. dog

dog Guest

Hi no13, ;)

Thanks. :D

For the first time I can actually get the javascript to work here, with Proxomitron running. It works with Sidki's merged with Lv. 3. ;) :)

But I can't get it to work merged with Kye-U's or JD's ... I have to try merging them in different orders & combos ... then play with the filters again.

Steve

21. dog

dog Guest

Ok ... Quick Update .... :)

Finally the JS functions are working here at Wilders, (With Sidki - Kye-U - LV3) . :D ~All right~

I'm down to the last problem ... "Attachments" ... I still can't bring up the attachments menu, no matter what, unless I by-pass Proxo... with the browser connection settings switched back to port 80. :mad: ... Ps. the built in bypass function still won't work.

Strangely enough ... I have no issues using my work PC (everything works as it should) ... Win 2000. :D So it's not me. :D ... It must something with my config. at home.

I'll keep playing ... :p

:ninja: *puppy* :ninja:

22. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Allow pop up windows here.

23. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... I tried that over and over :D ... no dice. :mad: ... I guess it's just like the bypass problem ... for some strange reasons it doesn't want to work. o_O

~But I'm still Laughing~

24. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Using the default rules, I have pop up windows checked and attachments works fine here for me.

Have you tried the default version as well as the super rules version you are using? o_O :D

25. dog

dog Guest

Sweet Success!!!

LOL ... I missed one of the hundreds of filters :D

Thanks for your help Ron & no13

@BlackSpear ... if you're still having issues also ... I can email this config. (Kye-U, Sidki, and Lv 3 merged) ... @Ron ... if want to try it too, the same applies. ;) :)

Glad I never give up! :p

Sweet Success!!!

:D *puppy* :D

ps. for good measure I uploaded a pic. :D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.