Proxomitron And Tenebril's Ghost Surf?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by skbaltimore, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

I would be much obliged if anyone could help me configure Tenebril's Ghost Surf 2.1 and Proxomitron 4.5. I like the speed and stealth qualities of Ghost Surf, but I prefer the ad blocking qualities/flexibility of Proxomitron. I've tried to surf using the proxy server built into Proxo after having d/l'd about 100 anon/SSL servers, but it's just too inconsistent. GhostSurf really performs seamlessly in that capacity, and the results I've gotten at various anon proxy setting sites are all 100% stealth. And without any discernible loss in speed. (NOTE: I am using 2.1, NOT the bloated 2005. I trialed it, and was aghast at what a total resource hog it is. It inundated my sys tray with at least 3 different icons, and just was ridiculous with its resource hogging appetite. 2.1, on the other hand, while not a resource miser, is no hog either. And as you can see by the attachment, it's just not possible to get any more stealth than this.)

Technically, Ghost Surf reconfigures the Lan settings so that it checks the box in IE to use the proxy server for the LAN and then "bypass the proxy server for local addresses". Then it fills in the 127.0.0.1 in the address box, and 7212 in the port box. On the next page, (advanced) it checks the box to use the same setting for all protocols, and has filled in/grayed out the same addresses. 127.0.0.1 for the local, and 7212 for the port.

Proxo requires that the "use the same setting for all protocols NOT be checked", and uses Localhost and 8080, respectively, to fill in the HTTP (and optionally, with the proper SSL credentials), HTTPS. I would really like to be able to use these two together, but given Ghost Surf's routine of automatically reconfiguring the LAN settings, I just don't know how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

sk

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.