Protocol Filtering - "The connection was reset"

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dev2000, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dev2000

dev2000 Registered Member

Hi, I just installed ESET Smart Security 4.2.64.12 on Windows 2000 SP4.
    Now, if I try to browse to any site via HTTP I get "The connection was reset".
    But if I go to an HTTPS site like https://www.google.com then I get through ok.

The same with POP3 for Outlook Express: I can access my gmail account which accesses POP3 using SSL on port 995, but I can't access my regular e-mail account which uses port 110 and no SSL.

The only "solution" that works is to go to Antivirus and antispyware->Protocol filtering->Excluded applications and exclude Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. But that doesn't seem like any kind of solution.

Could there be a setting in Windows 2000 that I need to change?

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It sounds like a conflict with another TDI driver. I'd suggest contacting customer care and supplying them with a SysInspector log.

3. dev2000

Thanks Marcos, I now contacted Customer Care with ALL my info. (It's a bit scary sending all that data.) We'll see what happens.

4. dev2000

When I contacted Customer Care there was an automatic notice that I would be contacted within one business day, but a week has gone by with no reply from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.